Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
  • Home
  • Living in Salem
  • Visting Salem
  • Doing Business
  • Quick Links
  • Town Government
  • Education
  • Library
  • Recreation
  • Emergency Notiication
  • Employment
  • Meeting Videos
  • Housing Rehabilitation Program
Town Services
Resident Trooper
Law enforcement in the Town of Salem is provided by Resident Troopers.  If permanently assigned Troopers are unavailable, on-call Troopers are dispatched to Salem by Troop K in Colchester.  Resident Troopers are available by appointment for routine administrative services by calling (860) 859-2507. 
NOTE:  All emergencies, urgent matters, and public safety issues should be reported by calling 9-1-1.  This kind of information should never be left on voicemail at Town Hall.  
Transfer Station 
The Salem Transfer Station is located on Rattlesnake Ledge Road.  The facility is open on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Residents using the facility are required to purchase Town of Salem bags, available at Town Hall or the Transfer Station.  The facility manager can be reached during business hours at (860) 859-2964. For more information click here.
Animal Control Officer
The Animal Control Officer is available by calling (860) 848-3529.  Always leave a complete description of the problem, your name, and a call back number.  The ACO will not respond to anonymous calls.
Municipal Agent for the Elderly
The Municipal Agent responds to the special needs of elderly residents.  Pamela Henry, Salem's Municipal Agent for the Elderly, is available through Town Hall at (860) 859-3873 ext. 125.
Public Works Department
The Department of Public Works is responsible for the repair and maintenance of Town roads, buildings and property.  Routine issues should be reported using the citizen complaint form, or by calling Town Hall at (860) 859-3873.
NOTE:  All emergencies, urgent matters, and public safety issues should be reported by calling 9-1-1.

Heating Assistance

For heating assistance applications, call (860) 425-6681.


The Salem Seniors Group consists of members from Salem and surrounding towns.  For more information click here.


Official Website for the Town of Salem, Connecticut
270 Hartford Road, Salem, CT 06420 | 860-859-3873|
Website Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Virtual Towns & Schools Website