COVID-19 UPDATE & CLOSING:
- As of 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 13, 2020, the Salem Free Public Library is closed to the public until further notice.
- All meetings and programs previously scheduled to be held at the library through the end of May are cancelled. The Friends of Salem Library Spring Plant and Used Book Sale is also cancelled.
- All Salem materials currently checked out will not accrue fines while the library remains closed. The book drop is also closed, so please hold onto library materials until the building reopens. In addition, the Friends of Salem Library are not currently accepting donations of physical materials at this time.
- Use your Salem library card to access ebooks and downloadable audiobooks while the library is closed. Simply go to our "New Virtual Library" page and click on "Overdrive" or "rbDigital" to get started.
- If you do not currently have a library card, please click on the "Library Cards" link to request a temporary card to access online library resources.
- Staff will be available to answer phone messages and email inquiries only during limited weekday hours.
- Please email the library at: email@example.com or call us at: 860-859-1130.
- Thank you for your understanding, and we wish you all continued good health.