NOTICE:  The Building Department will be open from 5:00-7:00 p.m. only from Thursday, December 19, 2019 through Monday, January 6, 2020.  We will resume normal business hours beginning Thursday, January 9, 2020.

Mission Statement

The Building Department is responsible for the issuance of building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, demolition and change of occupancy permits.

Who Needs a Permit?

A permit is required whenever any owner or authorized agent intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system. These requirements pertain to all buildings and structures, including one and two family structures.

Staff Contacts

Vernon Vesey

Building Official

(860) 859-3873 x240

Administrative Assistant

860) 859-3873 x250