**Update: While most museums are currently closed due to social distancing requirements, many of the following museums offer virtual programs and exhibits. Take a look at their websites for more information.
Museum passes may be checked out at the library for a circulation period of 3 days. Some passes give free admission, while others offer a discounted admission price. Holds are not available on museum passes; they are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis. Many thanks to the Friends of the Salem Free Public Library for funding the museum pass program.
Free Admission Passes:
- Connecticut Old State House--Hartford, CT: Free admission for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
- Connecticut River Museum--Essex, CT: Free admission for 2 adults and their children or grandchildren under age 18.
- CT State Parks: As of January 1, 2018, the pass will no longer be needed to cover parking fees at state parks and forests for CT registered vehicles. There are still entrance fees to the museums & historical buildings at Dinosaur State Park, Gillette Castle State Park, and Fort Trumbull State Park. This pass waives entrance fees for 2 adults and 4 children at Dinosaur, Fort Trumbull & Gillette Castle State Parks.
- Custom House Maritime Museum--New London, CT: The bearer of this pass receives 2 free admissions.
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center--Mystic, CT: Free admission for an adult pass holder and accompanying family members (Up to 5 persons).
- Florence Griswold Museum--Old Lyme, CT: Admits 2 adults & 2 children under age 12 for free.
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum--New London, CT: Free admission for 2 Adults & 2 Children (ages 0-12).
- New Britain Museum of American Art--New Britain, CT: Free admission for any 4 people. One adult must accompany children under age 16.
- USS Constitution Museum--Boston, MA: Free admission for up to 9 people per pass.
- Wadsworth Athenaeum--Hartford, CT: Free general admission for 2 adults & 2 children (ages 6-17).
Discounted Admission Passes:
- Beardsley Zoo--Bridgeport, CT: Valid for $5 admission per person for up to 6 guests.
- Children’s Museum/Roaring Brook Nature Center--West Hartford, CT: One free touring admission with each paid admission. Maximum of 4 free admissions per day.
- Connecticut Science Center--Hartford, CT: Discount of 20% off price per person, for up to 4 people.
- Maritime Aquarium--Norwalk, CT: Discount of $2 off per person, for up to 6 people.
- Mystic Aquarium--Mystic, CT: Discount of $5 off per person, for up to 4 people.